Website Design
October 22, 2020

Providing Websites As A Subscription

The Backstory

When we started providing clients with websites, we structured the deal so that the overall project had a price tag on it. The deliverables were a mobile-friendly, SEO optimized website that had great design. We would ask for 25% of the total price as a downpayment to get started, and the remaining 75% was due when the website was "finished."


I emphasize the word finished because we began to realize that a website should never really be finished. It should be an active element that evolves with your business.


A website should be updated with new photos, service details, customer reviews, etc. This keeps the website from becoming outdated.


We talked with many small business owners who said they didn't know how to make updates themselves and didn't have clear instructions for how to get ahold of and pay the designer to make updates.



Introduce Websites As A Subscription

We then began brainstorming ways to provide clients with websites while also being there to keep it up to date. We didn't want billable hours and huge price tags to get in the way of great design.


That's when we had the idea to apply the Netflix subscription model to website design. For a single, flat rate, monthly subscription, a business owner could have an up to date website without having to worry about a thing. After shooting photos and building the website, we take care of the hosting, domain, maintenance and provide you with updates when you need them.


The Result

The result is a great partnership between Kamis Collection and the business. We are here to help you grow your business. Give us a call, text, or email anytime, and we'll get for your updates taken care of. Want to meet up to go over things? We're always interested in an excuse to grab coffee and catch up!


Conclusion

Website subscriptions have given small business owners the ability to grow their brand online without paying a large price tag up front and watching it depreciate over time. Our websites actually get better with time because we can consistently dial them in with updates, photos, and increased Search Engine Optimization.

Continue reading

Recent Projects

Our Portfolio

Checkout some of the recent projects we've been working on.

Alpine Golf Club

Website Design | Photography

View Project

1016 Industries

Photography | Videography

View Project

Michigan's Choice Tree

Website Design | Photography | Videography

View Project

Meet our passionate crew